A more and more technical and sustainable agriculture
How will we nourish eight to ten billion people on our fragile planet?
To answer this crucial question, everyone in the agricultural sector must work together to produce more and to produce better.
InVivo Agriculture is contributing to this effort by pursuing three main goals:
- Offer cooperatives innovative products and services that will help make farms and farmers more competitive while meeting the environmental challenges in agriculture;
- Invest in tools and partnerships that will aid cooperatives in their change processes;
- Use the know-how and expertise of French agriculture for the benefit of everyone in the industry, in France and abroad.
InVivo Agriculture is composed of seven divisions
- Agricultural supplies
- Smart agriculture
- Logistics and Grain Storage
- Trading and financial services
Semences de France, the leader in the French market, is the specialised Group subsidiary that:
- coordinates the production of straw cereals seeds with its network of 35 cooperatives;
- markets varieties using two business models: franchising for straw cereals and selling through its own outlets for hybrids and forage;
- tests varieties supplied by plant breeders, using its testing and monitoring network Variétoscope to identify the best varieties in the market.
The leading grouped purchasing and referencing organisation in France in the areas of plant protection and seeds, InVivo Agro performs two strategic functions:
- pooling upstream purchases (crop protection, fertilisers, agricultural equipment) in France and Europe;
- securing supplies and innovating through strategic alliances to create value upstream and bring certain products into general use.
Agrosolutions uses its expertise in agro-environmental engineering in two main ways:
- to conduct studies and provide consulting in the environmental field ;
- to design and develop environmental services that will make it the leading European provider of agro-ecological solutions.
Biotop, a specialist in integrated biological protection, markets its products to farmers and the general public. It has three ambitions:
- research, develop, produce and market alternative methods of protecting plants and foodstuffs ;
- establish itself as the world's leading producer of ephestia eggs ;
- build a complete range of biocontrol and biostimulant products.
Smart agriculture Since June 2014, InVivo has been the majority shareholder in SMAG, a publisher of Web solutions for the agricultural and agro-industrial sectors. SMAG has 120 employees, 400 client distributors, and 30,000 users in over ten countries.
It is focused on:
- marketing the best range of decision-making tools for farmers, distributors and other professionals in the agricultural and agri-food sectors;
- introducing its know-how in other countries.
Logistics and Grain Storage
InVivo is the largest grain storage company in France. Its recognised expertise in logistics and storage is deployed through its network of river and port silos, which are a key strength of the French grain export sector.
Trading and financial services
InVivo Trading enhances the export value of French grains. Its global niche player strategy is base on a policy of alliances and partnerships with global players.
Sigma Terme offers trading and clearing services on Euronext commodity contracts and a broad range of consulting and training services in risk management.